About the Position: As a specialist in the design of electrical power supply systems, conduct design work and provide technical guidance to other engineers in related fields on specific design issues.Learn more about this agency
- Develop designs, plans, specifications, cost estimates for electrical wiring, motors, air conditioning units, power distribution systems, stabilized protected ADP power supplies, emergency generators, fire alarms of major size and complexity
- Analyze, review and evaluate engineering design drawings and design analysis, specification and documents.
- Conduct surveys and investigations at project sites; evaluate data and incorporate into specifications.
- Plan and monitor construction phases to ensure compliance with applicable standards such as Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), National Electrical Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- Consult with construction personnel on changes or resolve issues. Prepare correspondence, technical reports, fact sheets.
- Review Contractor submittals, shop drawings, samples and material certifications for accuracy, any adjustments and/or comments.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) may be up to 10% for training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607290700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.