This position is located in the Recruitment and Staffing Branch of the Office of Human Resources (OHR), Smithsonian Institution (SI). The mission of the Branch is to provide recruitment and placement services to all elements of the Smithsonian.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position performs the full range of staffing and placement actions .The incumbent will provide expertise and guidance to organizations assigned, on staffing, recruitment, internal placement, and pay administration for application to services provided to customers serviced. Will also perform the following duties:
- Provides consultative and technical services to HR Liasions and all levels of management on a broad range of human resources management services.
- Rates and reviews applications and makes determinations on eligibility for appointment.
- Completes the entire hiring process for Federal and non-Federal appointments: confirming the selection, initiating the background investigation process, obtaining agency record checks and release dates, making the job offer, setting pay, processing the entrance on duty, and conducting new employee orientation.
- Ensures the proper composition of the announcement file for Delegated Examining Unit, merit promotion, or other applications processes.
- Documents and completes tasks associated with the recruit action using an automated HR system for job requisitions.
- Performs special assignments including participating in public outreach activities (e.g., career fairs, diversity recruitment outreach, informational sessions on recruitment and staffing, etc.)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607270200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.