About the Position: Serves as the Supervisory Interdisciplinary for Chemical Operations Directorate at Blue Grass Chemical Activity (BGCA) with the responsibility of directing and coordinating the activities in support of mission assignments within the Directorate, which include the chemical laboratory and agent monitoring areas. Has overall responsibility for the quality control function of the toxic chemical laboratory.Learn more about this agency
- Monitor daily operations and trends and to enable responsible personnel to take required action to ensure the validity of all data generated in the laboratory.
- Serves as Senior Chemist or Senior Physical Scientist for BGCA.
- Responsible for overseeing all operations of the chemical laboratory and ensures the chemical laboratory can and does perform its mission.
- Initiates and monitors contracts and forecasts and recommends budgetary expenditures dealing with laboratory and monitoring functions.
- Develops guidance for the training of operators of monitoring devices and associated equipment.
- Responsible for the development of laboratory tests and analytical methods used to determine the accuracy and precision of analytical results, subsequently modifying or adapting standing procedures as necessary.
- As Chief, Laboratory and Monitoring Division, has responsibility for management and supervision of all assigned personnel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 10%.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607240300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.