This position is in Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA). If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement. About OECALearn more about this agency
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Conduct inspections and investigations of regulated facilities for compliance with Clean Water Act (CWA) regulations, permits, or other federal requirements.
- Provides technical advice and information on significant analytical methods, sampling techniques, etc., related to CWA programs, functions, or activities.
- Serve as a technical resource in the development, negotiation and litigation of both civil and criminal enforcement matters related to the CWA.
- Plan, conduct and/or provide regulatory technical assistance to complex field sampling and analytical services, facility CWA inspections and audits.
- Provide assistance to regional personnel, other federal, state, local agencies, tribes, industry representatives, and concerned public citizens on the technical aspects of EPA laws and regulations, especially the CWA.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
50% or less - You may be required to travel 25%-50% of each month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607228200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.