About the Position: This position is with the 416th Theater Engineer Command, 416th Mission Support Element located in Darien, Illinois.Learn more about this agency
- Perform Performance, Quick Response and Follow-Up Audits, attestation engagements, consulting and advisory services, risk management, liaison with external auditor offices, and audit compliance to enhance operational data used by local management.
- Coordinate and perform audits of accounting and operational function.
- Perform audit risk assessment and preliminary surveys of operational units to determine audit objectives.
- Determine the scope of the audit and develop audit plans and detailed fact finding techniques to ensure timely accomplishment of the assigned mission.
- Determine whether there are efficient and effective use of resources.
- Apply accounting and auditing theories, principles, practices, automated systems and related regulatory requirements to identify deficiencies involving non-compliance with Federal laws and regulations in accordance with Government Auditing Standards.
- Utilize the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Conduct statistical sampling of data populations.
- Conduct auditor interviews and observations of management and staff.
- Determine cost savings and improvements to internal controls.
- Make oral presentations, including audit entrance and exit conference briefings to management and staff.
- Examine, in accordance with Government Auditing Standards, a wide variety of systems processes to determine performance has been in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare audit programs, work papers, schedules and internal review audit reports and memorandums in accordance with Government Auditing Standards
- Evaluate management responses to draft internal review audit reports.
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 10%.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607215600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.