The ideal candidate for this position has existing experience with developing and managing a budget with various accounts, strategic and program planning and management, and working with multiple internal/external departments and agencies. This position starts at a salary of $122,530 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center (MWEOC) team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
In this position, you will Supervisory Financial Manager responsible for supervising and overseeing budget and program management operations and directing a program for the management of financial resources. Typical assignments include:
- Developing, managing, and maintaining an integrated system of Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Developing, managing, and maintaining an integrated system of financial services including forecasting, budgeting, accounting, managing Inter Agency Agreements and Memorandums of Understanding, and financial reporting.
- Developing and tracking annual and multi- year budget planning documents.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and evaluating spending relative to budget and planning documents.
- Developing and implementing strategic, operational and program planning effort, implementing performance management efficiencies, developing future year roadmaps/site planning, space management, program management, and execution of the appropriated funding and a working capital fund (WCF).
- Managing and overseeing human resources liaison office and providing related guidance to senior leadership and the organization.
All MWEOC staff have emergency assignments and are considered deployed in place. Exercises and activations are planned and unplanned, and may require long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
All MWEOC employees are: (1) required to use a government-issued electronic device (to include cellular phones); (2) subject to recall during emergency situations; and (3) required to perform work in locations both above and below ground.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Occasional travel - This position may require minimal non-emergency travel up to 5% .
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607192400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.