About the Position: Serves as the Environmental Compliance Specialist in the District's Sediment Quality Team, Waterways Maintenance Section of Channels and Harbors. Performs sediment quality investigations, dredging program compliance work contract preparation and administration, interagency and cooperative agreement development and administration, and public outreach.Learn more about this agency
- Schedules, coordinates, and reviews contractor work from project inception to completion and performs quality assurance, office environmental compliance evaluations, and contract administration functions.
- Oversees contracts for a variety of environmental compliance surveys, monitoring, and reporting in support of the continued operation and maintenance of the District?s portfolio of federal navigation channels.
- Provides environmental compliance documentation for dredging contracts.
- Tracks milestones related to compliance renewal, monitoring, and reporting processes, expiration dates and other deadlines.
- Develops Cooperative and Interagency Agreements with external agencies and institutions in support of the District?s navigation mission and environmental compliance goals.
- Assists the Sediment Quality Team in investigating and monitoring sediment quality for federal navigation projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for training, conferences and site visits.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607155500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.