The position is located in the Office of Information & Technology (OIT), Development & Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO). The IT Specialist provides technical analysis for the design of future IT system capabilities affecting the goals and effectiveness of VA offices and national data warehouses. They will also manage software development technical analysis activities designed to facilitate the alignment of VA IT assets with current and emerging business needs.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- 801 - Program Manager -Acquisition and Program/Project Management - Leads, coordinates, communicates, integrates and is accountable for the overall success of the program, ensuring alignment with critical agency priorities. (Oversee and Govern)
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs and/or Hiring Manager request.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Telework: Available as determined by agency policy
Virtual: This position is not virtual. If selected, you will work from your home location.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD18476A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Demands: Work is primarily sedentary, but involves use of a personal computer so a degree of dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to utilize these tools is required. Some physical effort is required to lift and carry reference books, working papers and similar items to and from meetings. A
moderate amount of standing and walking is required in getting to and from meeting places away from the work site. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Assess complex interrelationships and develop sound solutions which increase productivity; blend naturally in the existing working environment; are easy to understand, learn, and use; and which promote confidence, effective relationships and beneficial outcomes for project stakeholders and VA beneficiaries.
- Communicate salient information concerning the purpose, scope, method, status and future plans of OIT goals in a way that can be understood by informatics experts, program and Department officials, other government agencies, Congressional and oversight groups, and the public.
- Analyze business needs, requirements, and future directions of Enterprise Software applications by utilizing expertise in evaluating products, principles, and practices to accomplish work processes that leverage technology to meet complex business IT needs.
- Elicit, understand, document and communicate technical requirements as they relate to business and software functional requirements and to translate them into systems specifications/project deliverables.
- Apply effective presentation and organizational skills to work on multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
25% or less - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607090700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.