This position is located in the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM) Voice of America (VOA), Persian News Network (PNN) Central News and Production Unit (CNPU). The incumbent serves as an Executive Producer and advises on, develops, and implements television programming within PNN. As a part of the CNPU, incumbent may be assigned to work on any program being broadcast by PNN.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Conceptualizes, and develops PNN television and internet-ready programs in a range of formats, such as newscasts, newsfeeds, live interactive discussions, feature programs, journalist roundtables, documentaries, and others.
- Plans programs within an established budget.
- Creates and manages the production process.
- Responsible for building and overseeing rundowns for the shows.
- Controls the artistic and creative aspects of the production and oversees all pre- and post- production processes.
- Responsible for set design, graphic look, music selection, anchor selection, and live and pre-taped elements.
- Develops programming that is attractive and competitive in the media market where the programming is intended to air.
- Keeps abreast of the media climate in the target region and establishes contacts with market specialists to ensure the competitiveness of TV programming in the marketplace.
- Reviews programming for aesthetic look, language competency, viability of subject matter, adherence to VOA Charter guidelines, and quality of television packages.
- Assigns and reviews work.
- Establishes performance standards and evaluates performance.
- Interviews applicants and selects or recommends selection.
- Identifies training requirements and provides or arranges for needed training.
- Manages timekeeping and leave approval.
- Initiates warnings, admonitions, and other disciplinary actions based on conduct.
- Hears and resolves informal employee complaints.
- Furthers the goals of Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607057600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.