SummaryThis is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: The CCDC, AC is the Army's Center of Lethality, and provides more than 90 percent of the Army's lethality to soldiers. CCDC, AC mission includes: improving already fielded items, developing new items, maintaining a strong armament technology base in government.
- Develop software systems to support technical objectives.
- Utilize technical knowledge for the application of computer system methodologies.
- Participate in review of proposals, statements of work and design concepts to ensure technical compliance.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position.
- Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level 1 and/or 2 in the Acquisition Career Field Engineer within 24 months of entrance on duty.
- Must obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
- Business travel (25%) is required
- This position requires submission of Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, upon entering the position and annually thereafter.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.All applicants (including current federal employees) are required to upload official/unofficial college/university transcripts (or copy thereof) when applying to positions with positive education requirements or when intending to qualify themselves based in whole or part on education. College/university transcripts (official/unofficial) MUST include name of applicant, name of college/university, type of degree, discipline, and date degree awarded.
Basic Requirement for Computer Science, 1550 Series:
Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in computer science or bachelor's degree (or higher degree) with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts. Failure to attach copies of transcripts will result in an ineligible rating.)
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience for the GS-07 grade level: One year of specialized experience includes work that involves general software development. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Specialized Experience for the GS-09 grade level: One year of specialized experience which includes (1) work that involves software development; and (2) work experience must include the application of general software development principles to real world systems in the context of software requirements analysis, coding, software testing, and/or defect analysis. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
Specialized Experience for the GS-11 grade level: One year of specialized experience which includes (1) work that involves software development; and (2) work experience must include the application of advanced software development practices to real world systems in the context of software requirements analysis, coding, software testing, defect analysis, and/or the use of software development tools. Examples of software development tools include but are not limited to Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, GIT, Mercurial, JIRA, and/or Microsoft Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps. Examples of advanced practices include but are not limited to agile-like development, algorithm development, AI/Machine Learning development, cybersecurity development and assessment, and configuration management/source control. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Specialized Experience for the GS-12 grade level: One year of specialized experience which includes: (1) work experience that involves software development; and (2) work experience must include the application of advanced software development practices to real world systems in the context of software requirements analysis, software architecture/design, coding, software testing, defect analysis, use of software development tools, and/or software development leadership. Examples of software development tools include but are not limited to Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, GIT, Mercurial, JIRA, Microsoft Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps, Enterprise Architect, Rational Tools, and/or Real-Time Operating System tools. Examples of advanced practices include but are not limited to agile-like development, algorithm development, AI/Machine Learning development, cybersecurity development and assessment, configuration management/source control, UML-like modeling, Real-Time Operating systems development, and User Interface design. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Substitution of Education:
GS-07: One (1) full year of graduate-level education in a degree related to the position, such as Computer Science or superior academic achievement. (NOTE: Must provide copy of transcript. Failure to provide copy of transcript will result in an ineligible rating).
Superior Academic Achievement (S.A.A.) is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership.
1. Class Standing -- Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses. (NOTE: Must provide copy of transcript. Failure to provide copy of transcript will result in an ineligible rating).
2. Grade-point average (G.P.A.) -- Applicants must have a grade point of: (a) 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum;
(b) 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of curriculum. Grade-point averages are to be rounded to one decimal place. For example, 2.95 will round to 3.0 and 2.94 will round to 2.9. (NOTE: Must provide copy of transcript. Failure to provide copy of transcript will result in an ineligible rating).
3. Honor Society Membership -- Applicants can be considered eligible based on membership in one of the national scholastic honor societies listed below. These honor societies are listed by Association of College Honor Societies (external link). Agencies considering eligibility based on any society not included in the following list must ensure that the honor society meets the minimum requirements of the Association of College Honor Societies. Membership in a freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this provision. (NOTE: Must provide copy of honor society membership. Failure to provide copy of honor society membership will result in an ineligible rating).
GS-09: Two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree related to the position, such as Computer Science. (NOTE: Must provide copy of transcript. Failure to provide copy of transcript will result in an ineligible rating).
GS-11: Three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree related to the position, such as Computer Science. (NOTE: Must provide copy of transcript. Failure to provide copy of transcript will result in an ineligible rating).
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 16 - Engineers & Scientists (Non-Construction) position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Opportunity to the next higher level grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management.
- Recruitment or relocation incentives MAY be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level I or II in Acquisition Career Field Engineering within 24 months of entrance on duty. (Certification requirements may be found in the Defense Acquisition University Catalog at http://www.dau.mil/.)
- If selected, official college or university transcripts must be submitted. However, unofficial transcripts must be submitted at the time of application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement.
If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all other candidates.
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- This position has an individual occupational requirement and/or allows for substitution of education for experience. If you meet this requirement based on education you MUST submit a copy of your transcript with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 07/20/2021 to receive consideration
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11168152).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AddressAD-APF-W4MKAA USA COMBAT CAPABILITIES DEV CMD
DO NOT MAIL
Picatinny Arsenal, NJ 07806
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking (as applicable) for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607046400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.