About the Position: This position is located at United States Army Dugway Proving Ground, approximately 50 minutes from Tooele, Utah, and 90 minute drive from Salt Lake City, Utah. Dugway offers affordable on post housing as well as subsidized commuter van transport. Contact the Relocation Program Manager at 435-831-2260. For more information about Dugway's beautiful terrain and community go to our website http://www.dugway.army.mil.Learn more about this agency
- Optimizes laboratory tests involving chemical warfare agents, new emerging threat agents and simulant analysis methodology, real-time sampling technology, test fixture set-up, and spectroscopy applications.
- Serves as analytical quality control (QC) chemist for the Chemical Analytical Branch within the Chemical Test Division.
- Advises on the selection of analytical methods or analysis alternatives, reviews raw data and associated QC analytical methods and data for analytical instruments.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems with instrumentation and analytical preparations.
- Develops and reviews Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for existing and new analytical methods.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607007400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.