Learn more about this agency
Supervisory Probationary Period: Applicants selected for this position may be required to serve a one year supervisory probationary period. Failure to successfully complete the supervisory probationary period will result in the employee being reassigned to a position in the agency of no lower grade and pay than the one the employee left to accept the supervisory or managerial position.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
801 - Program Manager
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available with supervisor approval.
Telework: May be available with supervisor approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Program Manager/ PD184700
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily sedentary, but involves use of a personal computer so a degree of dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to utilize these tools is required. Some physical effort is required to lift and carry reference books, working papers and similar items to and from meetings. A moderate amount of standing and walking is required in getting to and from meeting places away from the work site. The work does not require any special physical effort.
- Participates in the establishment of system-wide and local monitors and controls to meet federal government and industry standards and directs recommended and accepted risk assessment methodology.
- Provides management oversight for IT program plans, procedures, implementing guidance and established processes and business practices to resolve a diverse range of critical and complex problems.
- Identifies, plans, allocates, and manages the deployment of resources to meet milestones and initiate corrective actions when necessary.
- Analyzes information systems requirements, architectures or environments to create an IT project and technical plan and determines new and innovative approaches and develops solutions to a diverse range of critical and complex IT problems.
- Supervises and directs the efficient planning and operation of the program.
25% or less - Travel required up to 20% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606998800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.