This position is located in Region III, Division of Nuclear Materials Safety. The supervisor is Joseph Nick. This position requires up to 30% travel. Selectee will be subject to Office of Government Ethics Confidential Financial Disclosure reporting requirements. This position is a bargaining unit.Learn more about this agency
As a Technical Assistant, you will provide direct assistance to the Division Director, Deputy Division Director and Branch Chiefs in the execution and management of the National Materials Program, oversight of spent fuel storage installations, and materials and reactor decommissioning sites. Such duties include but are not limited to:
1. Monitor activities within the division to ensure that assigned activities are conducted in accordance with NRC policies, regional policies and procedures.
2. Monitor division performance and provides input to division and regional management regarding execution relative to agency strategic goals and business line performance measures.
3. Lead, or serves as a member of, ad hoc technical task forces and working groups to identify, analyze, and resolve problems/issues affecting program execution in the nuclear materials safety, spent fuel storage and transportation, decommissioning, and low-level waste safety and security strategic arenas.
4. Oversee the division's training requirements to ensure conformance with NRC and regional processes and procedures.
5. Oversee the processing and tracking of allegations, recurring reports, and other action items to the division for completion.
50% or less - Travel requirements are 30-40%
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606967200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.