This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
We will be using various Direct Hiring Authorities for placements from this flyer.
- You will serve as a RADAR systems engineer and subject matter expert on the AN/BPS-series navigation RADAR programs.
- You will serve as a technical mentor for other system/software engineers to increase the overall level of RADAR expertise at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport (NUWCDIVNPT).
- You will be assigned technical RADAR projects, training requirements, and systems engineering tasks related to marine RADARs, military radio frequency surveillance sensors, and U.S. Navy navigation systems.
- You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of RADAR engineers and subject matter experts to conduct research, design, and test and evaluation of Naval surveillance radars and navigation systems.
- You will make individual contributions to accomplish systems engineering tasks involving the design, development, test, and evaluation of complex military RADAR systems.
- You will work with production engineering teams external to NUWCDIVNPT on efforts associated with RADAR systems production, manufacturing, configuration management and quality control.
- You will interface with the U.S. Navy and end users to define new capabilities and interface requirements for submarine RADAR systems.
- You will interface with Government customers in the submarine RADAR Ship Acquisition Program Manager (SHAPM: PMS 450 and PMS 397) and Participating Acquisition Resource Manager (PARM: PMS 435).
- You will collaborate with external customers to develop system requirements, monitor subcontractor development efforts relative to customer goals, and provide a technical risk assessment of third-party RADAR work products.
- You will research RADAR system, software, hardware, and information assurance requirements and ensure traceability to/from the component level.
- You will conduct software integration, model validation, and verification testing of RADAR capabilities and requirements.
- You will review the work of other engineers and provide feedback on technical results and adequacy of the system engineering steps taken by the individual or team.
- You will expose teammates to new RADAR engineering tools, techniques, and concepts.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606958700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.