Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Winnemucca, NV. Information about Winnemucca and the surrounding area can be found at Humboldt County Chamber of Commerce.
We expect to fill a few vacancies at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
This position is offering a 10% recruitment and/or relocation incentive if eligible. (see additional information)
- Serves as consultant, coach and supporter of employees in collectively solving problems and carrying out the organizations goals.
- Plans and implements Field Office budget to accomplish program objectives.
- Supervises multiple-resource professionals/technicians involved in managing Bureau programs such as range, noxious weed, wildlife, soil, water, air, botanical, recreation, wilderness, riparian, cultural, fuels, ecology, minerals and fisheries.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates; makes assignments based on capability and expertise; evaluates the work performance of subordinates; develops performance standards; advises subordinates on work an administrative matters.
- Promotes internal and external communication and coordination, including local interest groups, individuals, users, the general public, State and local government, and other Federal personnel.
- Monitors work to ensure that the members complete their tasks effectively and efficiently.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606953700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.