This position is located in Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Operations, Assistant Commandant for Response Policy (CG-5R), Director National Command & Response Centers (CG-5RC), National Response Center (CG-NRC), Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
As the Information Technology Specialist, you will serve as the sole Federal point of contact for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining IT applications software and systems for reporting all pollution, railroad, port security incidents.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Providing the continuous design, development, deployment, maintenance and cyber administration of the NRC's applications and systems, maintaining database integrity across multiple servers, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting;
- Developing and deploying government/commercial applications/systems using Oracle Application Express (APEX), Oracle Enterprise Manager, PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle Database 18c+;
- Designing, engineering and implementing solutions to provide and improve current and future services while adhering to USCG, DHS and Department of Defense, DHS, Information Assurance policies;
- Providing technical services to NRC Stakeholder Agencies and subject-matter experts on the most complex IT applications software programs, systems policies, and procedures; and
- Developing policies, procedures and documentation to ensure information system reliability and accessibility.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606916900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.