This position is located in the Office of Provider Support, Division of Data Analytics and Program Integrity. The duty location for this position will be one of the following: Rockville, MD (Headquarters); Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Kansas City, MO; Philadelphia, PA; San Francisco, CA; Boston, MA; or, Seattle, WA.Learn more about this agency
**Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.**
***As of 7/22/2021, the closing date of this announcement has been extended until 8/2/2021.***
To view the salary range including locality pay, please visit this link to the 2021 OPM Salary Tables.
This position is a mission critical occupation and is responsible for ensuring that operational and fiscal activities align with and enable accomplishment of Health Resources and Services Administration's mission, goals and objectives.
As a Lead Auditor, you assign and oversee the work of your team, ensuring the balanced distribution of workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization.
Your major duties and responsibilities include:
- Designing and planning the conduct of very complex, comprehensive audits, which are focused on internal controls, improper payments, financial integrity, and financial management for a wide range of complex HHS programs, grantees, and contractors, and other receiving funds from programs administered by the department.
- Providing authoritative information, advice and guidance in response to inquiries concerning audit policy and activities.
- Reviewing, analyzing and proposing decisions on recommendations for changes in policies, standards, guides and program controls.
- Determining the adequacy of audits in terms of conformance with financial management, program integrity and generally accepted auditing standards, and compliance with regulations.
- Making modifications to the plans based on changing areas of emphasis and devises new approaches as determined through analysis of preliminary findings.
- Developing consolidated reports of audit team findings.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606901800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.