The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) is the central facility for the acquisition, preservation, protection, retrieval, and dissemination of scientific and technical information (STI) supporting the Research and Engineering (R&E) needs of the Department of Defense (DoD), as well as federal and industry partners. DTIC provides leading edge information services and analysis products to the DoD community as a recognized leader in information and knowledge management innovations.Learn more about this agency
- As the DTIC-PD Division Chief, plan, direct and coordinate the activities of the Division. Formulate Division goals and priorities through discussion with Directorate leadership and subordinate team leaders.
- Consults with other DTIC Directorates and offices whose work affects or is affected by the Division's work in order to coordinate plans and work schedules to meet the overall objectives.
- Determines compliance with procedural and technical instructions and assess appropriate actions to correct deficiencies, authorizing changes as the situation demands to comply with DOD and Federal Information Technology policy guidance.
- Serves as the Directorate technical expert for technologies and processes that fall within the Division's scope of responsibilities. Develops, maintains, and coordinates on procedures and policies for the Division and the Directorate.
- Coordinates and directs Division resources for effective accomplishment of the DTIC mission. Develops staffing requirements and position descriptions based on operational needs, workloads and coverage.
- Sets goals for work to be accomplished; schedules and assigns projects to achieve desired results; provides necessary guidance and assistance and reviews progress and status of work.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606893300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.