NASA has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Public Affairs Specialist. You will strategize and plan outreach campaigns and activities, develop informational materials, engage the public, interface with local and international media, and help enable the framework for allowing supersonic flight over land. The position supports the Office of Strategic Communications at Armstrong Flight Research Center in Edwards AFB, CA.Learn more about this agency
- Implements specialized media-related programs. Develops and implements communication plans supporting many cross-media activities such as strategic planning, multimedia access procedures and education.
- Recommends approaches, specific topics or aspects to be emphasized, the most effective media to use for intended audience. Evaluates impact and effectiveness of communication plans.
- Serves as a key advisor to senior staff and key contact with management on matters related to communicating with the news media and agency stakeholders.
- Represents the agency during interviews with traditional and digital media. Organizes and coordinates print and broadcast media interviews with key officials, and oversees all arrangements with the news media involving agency activities.
- Assists reporters, editorial writers and newspaper columnists in the preparation of material related to agency programs; encourages these representatives to use material produced by the agency.
- Interprets and explains complex aeronautical and space technology based processes to non-technical audiences. Analyze public reaction to various programs and policies while developing strategies and recommendations to inform the media and our public.
- Prepares detailed statistical reports concerning the dissemination of information.
- Develop informational products that communicate status of programs and projects in a variety of formats including news releases, web writing, fact sheet development, brochures, posters, response to questions, talking points, and social media posts.
- Collaborate with social media team to develop and maintain message consistency across social media platforms. Contribute to social media campaigns, identify opportunities to highlight content and cross-promote news material.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606885100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.