This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Senior Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA UNT COMMS BR/MSG and IDEN MGMT SEC.
- Serves as principal technical authority and lead specialist with responsibility to ensure effective, economical, and advanced technical management of customer computing requirements for assigned systems and applications.
- Projects managed directed, or otherwise undertaken are large-scale in scope with technical authority over a wide range of Information Technology (IT) disciplines, systems, and applications.
- Develops, interprets, plans and applies policy, process, procedure and strategy in the delivery of multi-discipline IT services required to achieve data and system integration/interoperability for assigned systems and applications.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Promotes awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations' visions and goals.
- Develops and implements programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive quality assurance program for diverse platforms that covers file back-up and recovery, equipment maintenance, and quality control of systems processing and outputs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606881500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.