This is an opportunity under the Internship Program of Pathways. This position is located in the Directorate of Geosciences (GEO), Office of the Director (OAD), National Science Foundation, Alexandria, VA. GEO supports basic research that advances the frontiers of knowledge and drives technological innovation while improving our understanding of the many processes that affect the global environment.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent applies analytical techniques and information management skills, to capture, assemble and disseminate data about assigned projects. In the performance of work assignments the incumbent conducts analyses, prepares evaluation, coordinates activities, and provides advice to management. Specific duties include:
- Developing, maintaining, and updating program databases.
- Gathering raw data from multiple sources, analyzing and presenting findings to management for program analysis and business process improvement.
- Conducting moderate to very complex qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Preparing analytical, comparative and statistical reports of program activities and accomplishment, including GPRA monitoring and reporting.
- Drafting routine analyses, reports and presentations for Program Directors review and use.
- Working with Program Directors to organize and oversee the proposal review process.
- Responding to routine or moderately complex inquire from principal investigators/reviewers related to programmatic issues not requiring professional scientific knowledge.
- Identifying outreach needs for research community and working with the Program Director to develop outreach plans.
- Working collaboratively with other team members or project specialist to restructure work processes, standardize procedures, and implementing changes for organizations supported.
- Planning, developing, coordinating, organizing, implementing, communicating, and tracking projects plans, guidelines, procedures and timetables including recommending changes in policy and management activities for these projects.
- Financial Resources Management
- Computer/IT Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Business Process Management/Project Management
- Oral/Written Communication
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606870200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.