This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain DoD Personnel to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service. Your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a selection is made.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
Serves as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC) within the Stand Alone Network Enterprise Center (SANEC), Fort Hood, Texas.
- Plan, analyze, develop, integrate, implement, document, administer and maintain an array of communications systems used for transmission of secure information in voice, data and video using communication and information technology (IT) systems.
- Ensure the installation?s COMSEC program is in compliance with higher governing authority policies and guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate records of transferred materials, and report discrepancies to the appropriate agency/department.
- Assist in conducting unit-level COMSEC inspections and conduct COMSEC training at both the Installation and the unit levels.
- Handle a variety of incidents which violate Cyber Security policy or pose a potential Cyber Security threat or vulnerability.
- Assist in managing all aspects of Communications Security and the development, implementation, accreditation, risk management and maintenance of detailed Communications Security policies, plans, programs, standards and criteria.
- Serve as a member on boards, committees, and panels in support of special projects, policy determination, and programs relational to network security, including the NEC?s Technical Review Working Group (TRWG).
- Participate and brief in meetings, attend expositions, seminars, and workshops to contribute and/or improve proficiency that bear improvement toward the overall Cyber Security posture of the installation or mission area.
Occasional travel - Up to 10% Business Travel required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606811600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.