You will serve as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) in the Special Security Division in the Mission Engineering & Analysis Department of NAVAL AIR SYSTEMS COMMAND.Learn more about this agency
- You will assist the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in meeting their duties and responsibilities and fulfill both the ISSM and Information System Security Officer (ISSO) roles when circumstance warrant.
- You will develop, integrate, and implement solutions to highly complex problems across multiple areas and disciplines.
- You will ensure that all users have the requisite security clearances and access authorization and are aware of their cybersecurity responsibilities for information systems under their purview before granted access to those systems.
- You will report any security incidents to the ISSM and assist with safeguarding, handling, and documenting security incidents in accordance with applicable Intelligence Community (IC) policy and procedures.
- You will conduct reviews to ensure compliance with security authorization artifacts.
- You will manage any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM or Authorization Officer (AO) or Delegated Authorizing Officer (DAO) as directed.
- You will document all INFOSEC technical vulnerabilities and new threats detected in the network.
- You will monitor system recovery process to ensure security features and procedures restore properly and function correctly.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606775800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.