NDU educates joint Warfighters in critical thinking and the creative application of military power to inform national strategy and globally integrated operations, under conditions of disruptive change, in order to conduct war.Learn more about this agency
This is a Title 10 Excepted Service Appointment. Appointment is not to exceed 3 years with the possibility for extension.
The National Defense University (NDU) is recruiting for a VP for Academic Affairs and Provost to serve as the Chief Academic Officer of the premier national security institution focused on advanced joint education, leader development and scholarship.
- The VP-AA/Provost advises the NDU-P on all academic matters within the University and is a key member of the University executive leadership team. Focuses their leadership on academic excellence, research relevance and integration, strategic planning, change management, institutional improvement and faculty management.
- Ensures delivery of high quality, coherent, and rigorous academic programs, making use of best practices to support joint education, leader development, and scholarship.
- As the University's Chief Academic Officer (CAO), the Provost is responsible and accountable for the relevance and efficacy of all academic program curricula design and delivery, research and academic and enterprise business support functions including their regional and joint military accreditation.
- The Provost provides leadership to the Component Colleges, the Institute for National Strategic Studies, International Student Management Office, NDU Library and Learning Services Center, the Center for Applied Strategic Learning, Health and Wellness Directorate and the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Leads stakeholder engagement for the planning and assessment of NDU's academic programs, courses and curricula including new academic program requirement validation, design and development.
- Lead Change Management Strategist for Academics and Curriculum
- Provides leadership for NDU efforts to achieve and/or retain institutional accreditation. Oversees processes to maintain federal degree granting authority as well as regional and specialized accreditation. Monitors compliance of programs with accreditation requirements.
Occasional travel - travel is generally 20 - 30% for this position
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606756600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.