USPTO is modernizing its information technology to register intellectual property better, faster and cheaper through ML and AI. USPTO is migrating to a multi-hybrid cloud environment and is taking a zero trust architecture approach to enhance security. RPA is at the forefront of improving efficiencies across lines of business. We are looking for Cybersecurity professionals to join our agency and bring innovative approaches to Cybersecurity through emerging technology and automation.Learn more about this agency
This Vacancy is using the Direct-Hire authority to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Using the Office of Personnel Management’s approved government-wide direct hire authorities, agencies may appoint candidates directly to jobs, without regard to the provision of Title 5 U.S.C 3309 through 3318, for which OPM determines that there is a severe shortage of candidates or a critical hiring need.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary and Director on the application of information technology (IT) to support and improve the Agency’s business processes. The Cybersecurity Division is responsible for all aspects of USPTO Cybersecurity. It is led by the Chief Information Security Officer and is comprised of three functional teams. This position is located in The Cybersecurity Operations Branch that is responsible 24 hours day, 7 days a week for ensuring the identification, protection, detection, response, and recovery of cybersecurity threats against USPTO.
As a IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC) you will be responsible for..
- Ensuring that situational awareness of the USPTO information enterprise is maintained and problems/issues are resolved.
- Ensuring the Shift Log are maintained and written products are factually accurate.
- Managing a shift of the network and security analysis.
- Acting as the central Government Point of Contact (POC) and focal point for situational awareness, CIO internal communications, system event coordination, and information enterprise monitoring and security.
- Coordinating incidents and outage restoration from cradle to grave in a 24 x 7 x 365 operations facility.
- Recommending improvements to operational procedures for monitoring systems and responding to security events.
- Executing procedures for investigating security events and incidents with the CIRT.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606741300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.