This position is placed in the Office of the Chief Information Officer, Chief of Cyber Compliance andLearn more about this agency
As a INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serve as technical resource and liaison to law enforcement personnel and explain details and testimony.
- Compile, prepare and generate reports supporting FISMA reporting and other local reporting requirements.
- Participate in security evaluations, audits, and reviews.
- Perform formal penetration test on web-based applications, networks, and computer systems.
- Write and publish incident response guidance and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Serve as an integral member of the CND staff as a CND-IR within the CND Program for all agency systems, networks, and/or enclaves.
- Coordinate with and provide expert technical support to enclave CND technicians to investigate and resolve CND incidents.
- Track/document CND incidents from initial detection through final resolution, correlate incident data, and perform CND trend analysis and reporting.
- Work with Threat Intelligence and Malware solutions to identify threats, develop or recommend countermeasures, and perform advanced network and host analysis in the event of a compromise.
- Perform real-time CND Incident Handling (e.g., forensic collection, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) tasks to support in-house and deployable Incident Response Teams (IRT)
- Interface with stakeholders on a regular basis to consult on best security practices and help mature the agency's security posture.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606722400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.