This position is located in the Infrastructure Operations Health (IOH), Clinical Imaging, Office of Information and Technology (Ol&T). The incumbent serves as an Information Technology (IT) Analyst with duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support Clinical Imaging.Learn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
- Cybersecurity Code 451 - System Administrator
- Cybersecurity Code 421 - Database Administrator
- Cybersecurity Code 411 - Technical Support Specialist
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Telework: May be available with supervisor approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD10073A, PD10074A, and PD10073A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required.
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve intermediate periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) computer components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. This division provides 24/7 coverage throughout the calendar year. Incumbent is subject to shift work, rotating shifts and shifts covering weekends and/or holidays. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-12. At the GS-11 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-12. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.Major Duties:
- Perform troubleshooting, maintenance and configuration changes in accordance with approved change order policies within the district as it relates to business critical systems.
- Serves as the primary liaison with customer organizations on all IT related matters.
- Plans and coordinates the design, development, testing, installation, and support of new and modified systems, including state-of-the-art security applications; hardware and software.
- Participates as a team or project leader with others in a virtual environment accountable to the division chief.
- Utilize experience, discretion and judgment in the planning, execution, operation and maintenance of business critical technologies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606707700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.