The Northern Arizona VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for one (1) Auditor located in a Veteran Health Administration (VHA) facility at the Northern Arizona VA Health Care System (NAVAHCS), Resource Management Service line in Prescott, AZ. The incumbent contributes to the fulfillment of the VA mission and vision by performing internal reviews and evaluations of fiscal related activities of various services, centers, and clinics within the NAVAHCS.Learn more about this agency
As an advocate for our Veterans, their dependents or beneficiaries the Auditor administers programs and activities in support of their benefits. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform internal reviews outlined in the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Fiscal Quality Assurance Program to evaluate the quality of work performed within fiscal operations.
- Analyze accounting records and fiscal data to determine degree of accuracy.
- Inspect financial procedures and controls to assess compliance with established fiscal policies, procedures and regulations
- Investigate areas of non-conformance, especially where a large percentage of sample items deviate from the requirements.
- Complete an annual quality assurance review in each of the following areas; Agent Cashier Operations, Employee Accounts, Patient's Funds Operations, Accounting Operations (twice a year), Voucher Audit (twice a year), General Post Fund and the Local Management review of fiscal operations.
- Conduct joint reviews with the Agency/Organization Program Coordinator (A/OPC) of purchase cardholders and approving officials to determine compliance with applicable policies and procedures of the Government Purchase Card Program.
- Execute unannounced audits of the Agent Cashier's advance and un-deposited collections as well as any assigned Alternate Cashiers at least every 90 days.
- Performs operational audits of facility programs as they pertain to their associated accounting and/or reporting systems.
- Review and evaluate activities and related internal controls and provide recommendations for improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Design and/or modify methods used to track and maintain reliable financial records.
- Review internal controls considering aspects of security and accountability to prevent or correct waste, embezzlement, unauthorized use of funds and errors in the various financial of property accounting systems.
- Research regulations and meet with subject matter experts to develop constructive recommendations for improvements to the financial position of the activity focusing on improving productivity, cost-effectiveness, and quality of work processes.
- Verify accuracy of data and records in audit reports and ensures they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare milestone reports and perform follow up to assure that corrective action is taken.
- Collect information about the financial systems or functions scheduled for audit and determine the objectives, phases, and required integration for any multi-issue audit.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Auditor/PD100200
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606642000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.