USPTO is modernizing its information technology to register intellectual property better, faster and cheaper through ML and AI. USPTO is migrating to a multi-hybrid cloud environment and is taking a zero trust architecture approach to enhance security. RPA is at the forefront of improving efficiencies across lines of business. We are looking for Cybersecurity professionals to join our agency and bring innovative approaches to Cybersecurity through emerging technology and automation.Learn more about this agency
This Vacancy is using the Direct-Hire Authority to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Using the Office of Personnel Management’s approved government-wide direct hire authorities, agencies may appoint candidates directly to jobs, without regard to the provision of Title 5 U.S.C 3309 through 3318, for which OPM determines that there is a severe shortage of candidates or a critical hiring need.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary and Director on the application of information technology (IT) to support and improve the Agency’s business processes. The Cybersecurity Division is responsible for all aspects of USPTO Cybersecurity. This position is located in the Cybersecurity Operations Branch. The Cybersecurity Operations Branch is responsible 24 hours day, 7 days a week for ensuring the identification, protection, detection, response, and recovery of cybersecurity threats against USPTO.
The individual selected for this position will be responsible for:
- Establishing and administering an effective cybersecurity program focused on data protection and monitoring a Data Protection and Monitoring Hub (DPM).
- Planning, directing and executing of Insider Threat monitoring and response activities.
- Conducting insider threat risk assessments and determining risk mitigation priorities.
- Developing and maintaining standardized policies, training, standards for insider threat prevention, detection, and response.
- Providing authoritative information and situational updates and briefing to senior leadership on insider threat incidents.
- Providing timely reports and referral of insider threat information in order to enable effective responses and mitigations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606639300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.