You will serve as an Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) in the Cyberspace Maintenance Branch, Undersea Test Resources, Planning, and Coordination Division, Test and Evaluation DepartmentLearn more about this agency
of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV KEYPORT WA.
- You will function as a Subject Matter Expert responsible for lifecycle support on UUV Operating Center (UOC), Pacific Northwest Range Complex, and Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDTE) Lab information systems.
- You will be responsible for the implementation, testing, and remediation actions required to secure information systems network devices.
- You will perform continuous updating, monitoring, assessment, maintenance, and reporting on the cybersecurity status of department information systems.
- You will independently complete vulnerability assessments of information systems using Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes.
- You will prepare RMF documentation in accordance with approved testing, certification, and accreditation processes.
- You will ensure configuration compliance in accordance with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), Security Requirements Guides (SRG), and the Navy Security Control Assessor Testing Guidance.
- You will determine whether security controls are operating as intended, address emerging risks with the goal of improving the department information system networks cybersecurity posture and resilience.
- You will possess expert knowledge of a wide variety of information systems hardware and software.
- You will lead government teams and oversee contractor personnel in performing information system administration, support, and configuration management; and incorporation of technology repairs upgrades, enhancements, and design changes.
- You will prepare and validate technical documentation.
- You will manage the operational effectiveness of information systems throughout their lifecycle, ensuring adherence to federal, Department of Defense, and Department of the Navy lifecycle policies and guidance.
- You will document, build, and test secure information systems using the appropriate security controls, tools, and processes.
- You will identify and evaluate system risks and specific mitigations; develop remediation actions for identified risks.
- You will prepare RMF based Assessment and Authorization artifacts required for accreditation packages for departmental information systems.
- You will mentor junior cybersecurity professionals.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606540500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.