This position is located in BLM New Mexico State Office, in the Carlsbad Field Office in Carlsbad, NM.Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as the first-level supervisor over a multiple discipline staff within the Branch of Renewable Resources at the Bureau of Land Management's (BLM) Carlsbad Field Office in Carlsbad, NM. The selectee will supervise a team of professional resource specialists (GS-05 through GS-11), multiple term or temporary employees, and interns related to the disciplines. Duties of the staff include those of their respective disciplines plus processing energy related surface use applications associated with Federal and Indian trust oil and gas leases. The position reports directly to the Assistant Field Manager (AFM), Renewable Resources.
- Assign work based on priorities and the difficulty or requirements of the assignment.
- Provide advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters.
- Review stipulations on existing leases for applicability to proposed activities.
- Conduct on-site inspections for well sites, pipelines, roads, and/or facilities.
- Compile biological reports to complete the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for fluid minerals leasing and subsequent development.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606525700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.