Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
Performs research assistant duties at the Air Force Institute of Technology, in the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- Serves as a research assistant in the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- Conducts research on experimental and computational problems in areas of structural dynamics, advanced measurement technology, and autonomous navigation.
- These areas include lightweight deployable or inflatable aerospace structures, laser metrology, video metrology, image processing, electronics, controls, space hardware, space measurement systems, and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Assists faculty in planning and accomplishing research projects or studies in one or more of the above technical areas.
- For experimental research problems: Sets up, aligns, and operates scientific components and subsystems.
- For computational research problems: Develops the underlying theory for a variety of computational problems in areas including synchronization, control, steering, optics, and interferometry.
- Throughout the research program, experimental or computational, coordinates with faculty advisor, laboratory supervisor, other department technicians, contractor personnel, vendors, AF and DOD laboratory personnel, and university researchers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606515500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.