Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
This position manages Center personnel/staff as well as funded consulting outreach of the Homeland Security Center of Best Practices (HSCoBP).
- Develop collaborative relationships to support major acquisition programs' rigorous test planning by development of technical best practices and application of scientific test and analysis techniques
- Identifies test planning gaps requiring development and research activities.
- Performs outreach to various commercial, government, and educational organizations, raising awareness of rigor in testing issues and capabilities, and encouraging collaboration.
- Teams with other testing organizations programs to find best practices and potential gaps.
- Assesses the overall health of the Department of Homeland Security?s testing enterprise.
- Develops and presents position papers and presentations on emerging test issues related to acquisition testing to senior leaders within the Department of Homeland Security and Federal Government.
- Responsible for developing contracts and executing contract tasks as the Alternate Contracting Officer's Representative (ACOR).
- Oversee Center personnel in plans to accomplish consulting and research projects or studies related to acquisition program support.
- Ensures all plans for consulting and research are in-line with Test and Evaluation expectations to meet sponsor's requirements and timelines.
- Oversee Center personnel in developing and producing best practices and case studies as they relate to identified lines of effort.
- Participates in a research program and performs research in the area of specialization.
- Communicates the results of this research to the technical community through publications in scholarly professional journals and presentation at technical meetings.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606501400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.