This position is in Office of Mission Support, Office of Digital Services and Technical Architecture, Technical Architecture and Planning Division.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About Office of Mission Support: OMSLearn more about this agency
- Serve as the primary division IT architect focusing on enterprise data architecture. Recommend and influence strategy and technology investment decisions.
- Review architectures and platforms to enhance EPA's enterprise technology infrastructure. Design and recommend initiatives to leverage existing data, integrate multiple data sources, and design data lakes where appropriate to ensure the right data is available to support agency business operations.
- Collaborate with agency security policies, standards and experts to ensures that enterprise technology infrastructure is designed, developed, configured, and managed to mitigate security risks. Ensure that the infrastructure is designed consistent with EPA application and data portfolio guidance and standards.
- Serve as a technical expert for data modernization and standardization for the agency. Advise executive leadership on critical aspects of the agency enterprise IT architecture, standards, and policies and best practices in data management to ensure efficient and accessible systems. Author and deliver professional papers and presentations.
- Review gaps between current and target architectures. Develop recommendations and plans for transitioning to the target architecture. Provide strategic direction and technical oversight pertaining to the implementation of new tools, technologies, solutions, and methodologies. Coordinate the identification and assessment of new software and hardware technologies, products, methods, and techniques related to enterprise technology infrastructure.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel 25% or less of each month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606501000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.