This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining CISA means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security; we Defend Today, Secure Tomorrow. Within CISA, the Integrated Operations Division (IOD) coordinates, collaborates, and executes CISA's operational activities to ensure seamless support and expedited response to critical needs. IOD enhances mission effectiveness and situational awareness by unifying the conduct and reporting of CISA operations through a single channel to provide CISA leadership with a common operational picture and ensure cross-divisional coordination in the implementation of CISA programs. IOD delivers intelligence products and context to support all missions. The division also conducts continuity and internal exercises to improve operational readiness throughout CISA. IOD serves as the primary service delivery function for CISA customers, operating under the direction of the ten regional directors. IOD standardizes and expands CISA's presence in the regions to adapt to evolving requirements and coordinates with other divisions on implementation of programs in the field.
Visit www.cisa.gov to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
In this position, you will serve as an Information Technology Specialist. Typical work assignments include:
- Conduct cyber protective visits and strategic cyber risk assessments to prepare and protect critical cyber infrastructure assets.
- Deliver key mitigation capabilities to owners and operators that are designed to reduce risks to the nation's critical cyber infrastructure.
- Advise senior management on risk levels and security posture; cost-benefit analysis of information security programs, policies, processes, systems, and elements
- Advocate new and existing policies, programs, developments related to emerging technologies and cybersecurity technical issues.
- Coordinate and execute activities to implement risk, threat, and/or vulnerability assessments for critical systems dependent on IT security
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 6-11 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606470200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.