This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service.Learn more about this agency
This is an interdisciplinary job announcement and may be used to fill vacancies by any series listed below:
0801 - General Engineer
0854 - Computer Engineering Series
1515 - Operations Research Series
1529 - Mathematical Statistics Series
1550 - Computer Science Series
1. Serves as the JAIC's Technical Expert for the design, development, and implementation of National and DoD artificial intelligence mission initiatives.
2. Leverages best practices from industry and academia to inform the JAIC's selection, design, and execution of Al-focused initiatives and projects that leverage JAIC services, proliferate best practices among user communities of practice and serve to scale enterprise Al-solutions to operational users internal and external to the Department.
3. Serves as a Technical Advisor for the Mission Initiative Chiefs to build a strategic engagement plans for the delivery of JAIC advisory and other services. Provides technical guidance for JAIC capability delivery and assessment teams to discover AI product requirements through continuous user engagement and accelerate implementation of AI technologies through targeted delivery of JAIC services.
4. Provides technical guidance for JAIC capability delivery and assessment teams to discover AI product requirements through continuous user engagement and accelerate implementation of AI technologies through targeted delivery of JAIC services.
5. Provides technical recommendations for enhancing the JAIC's Enterprise-wide initiatives and projects, to ensure the adoption of artificial intelligence across the Department. Advises Mission Initiative Chiefs on how to best execute and manage the artificial intelligence and machine learning roadmaps that can be shared internally across DoD and externally with allies, partners, industry, and academia.
6. Applies extensive knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science concepts, methodology, techniques, and technologies to enhance the design of existing technical project specifications for the deployment for artificial intelligence mission initiatives.
7. Provides consultation and advisement on the development, engineering, and integration of artificial intelligence and machine learning-base initiatives; interprets and advises on studies, analyses and evaluations of the information systems plans, programs, projects, networks, policies, and procedures.
8. Provides technical recommendations to enhance the adoption of a new technological capabilities across multiple organizations internal and external to the Department.
9. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the JAIC Deputy Director and Directorate Director.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606456000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.