This position serves as the Deputy Director of the Southern Region's Office of Communication located in Atlanta, GA.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Janel Crooks at 906-241-3017 and email@example.com
- Provides input and collaborates with the Director, members of the Office of Communications unit, forest Public Affairs officers, and Regional Leadership to implement the regional Public Affairs program.
- Facilitates the effective communication of the public affairs program for the Southern Region and is the alter-ego of the Director.
- Advises the Director on potential program shifts and makes suggestions for new or improved program emphasis areas.
- Serves as Acting Director when required.
- Conducts situational analyses, and understands issues affecting the USFS and the Southern Region.
- Researches and creates programmatic public affairs strategies to increase the visibility of and assist with the delivery of the mission of the Southern Region and the USFS.
- Evaluates, and in some high-profile situations, develops strategies for conveying information concerning emphasis or changes in a wide range of USDA FS programs.
- Working with subject matter experts (SMEs) throughout the Region, establishes and maintains a network as information sources on recurring topics in natural resources management, law enforcement, fire, recreation, and other sensitive policy areas.
- Assigns work to team members based on capabilities, skills, priorities, and the task difficulty.
- Performs supervisory duties.
Occasional travel - Overnight lodging may be required for meetings, trainings, workshops.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606399400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.