The VA Central Iowa Health Care System, Des Moines, IA is currently recruiting for one (1) full-time Health Technician (Telehealth Clinical) to work in the Carroll CBOC.Learn more about this agency
The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) supports the provision of patient care using telehealth technologies which increase a Veteran's access to care and support a Veteran's self-management. This includes developing and delivering virtual and digital technologies which help Veterans communicate synchronously and asynchronously with their health care teams and coordinate, track and manage their health care. These technologies are used to deliver care to Veterans located at various institutional and non-institutional settings, such as the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers (VAMCs), Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs), State Veteran Homes, Vet Centers, homeless shelters, Indian Health Services (IHS) clinics, Department of Defense (DOD) facilities and other affiliated organizations as well as directly to Veterans in their home. The Health Technician (Telehealth Clinical) serves in a generalist role to support and manage telehealth operations and is typically stationed at a clinical care delivery site (VA Medical Center, CBOC, VA Outreach Clinic, etc.), with duties that may require travel.
Responsibilities of the incumbent include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing the clinical environment, which may include preparing medical and telecommunications equipment to be used for clinical examination and treatment;
- Serving as a telepresenter within scope of practice during clinical video telehealth (CVT) and VA Video Connect (VVC) encounters including tasks such as establishing and maintaining video conferencing connections, making introductions between patient site and provider site, following instructions of a clinician to facilitate an effective clinical encounter;
- Serving as an imager and clinical data manager for store and forward telehealth (SFT) clinical encounters including tasks such as capturing images, collecting data and transmitting them electronically for clinical review in accordance with VHA national guidelines;
- Taking measures to ensure patient care is delivered safely by following appropriate procedures for inventory management, cleaning of clinical equipment and the care environment while following all patient safety guidelines, protocols, and procedures;
- Completing standardized clinical questionnaires and templates within scope of training and applicable guidelines;
- Ensuring that patient privacy is protected by complying with all information security and patient privacy regulations;
- Receiving and scheduling requests for simple and complex intra-facility, and interfacility telehealth appointments using an electronic resource-based scheduling system;
- Screening patients for Telehealth modality and referring patients that do not meet established criteria to appropriate care;
- Monitoring and maintaining schedules of rooms, patients, technologies, clinical providers and presenters as needed to ensure efficient telehealth operations;
- Providing patient education via approved materials;
- Supporting the Veteran in completing patient satisfaction surveys;
- Communicating effectively with clinical and administrative staff at the assigned local site and those located at remote sites of care;
- Configuring, installing, troubleshooting, cleaning, and performing minor routine maintenance of assigned telehealth technology;
- Ensuring assigned telehealth technologies are managed appropriately to include inventory, secure, ready for use, and accounted for by preparing and tracking maintenance work orders, information systems, inventory records, and communicating with National Telehealth Technology Help Desk.
- Providing established education and training to Veterans, staff and providers on the use of telehealth technologies and serving as a point of contact to answer questions and address concerns related to these technologies;
- Maintaining knowledge of and skill in applying an extensive body of rules, procedures, and operations in telehealth-related technologies and a variety of computer hardware and software used for telecommunications, data entry and retrieval, record maintenance, document and report generation;
- Maintaining regular contact with other staff members and the Facility Telehealth Coordinator to work out process issues, equipment needs, problems, data collection and any other logistical issues;
- Arranging and completing test video calls with Veterans to prepare the Veterans for clinical encounters using telehealth technologies;
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606369800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.