This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
*Applications will be accepted through 3 January 2022. Announcement MAY CLOSE EARLIER if all available vacancies have been filled prior to 3 January 2022. *The 1st Cut-Off date for receipt and referral of applicants to be considered for vacant positions will be 26 July, 2021.
- Serve as the Lead Mechanical Engineer and Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the General Engineering Section of the New England District (NAE).
- Provide expert mechanical products, services, and support for mechanical features on a wide range of projects for Military, Civil Works, International and Interagency Support (IIS), and Hazardous and Toxic Radiological Waste (HTRW) programs.
- The design projects cover a large variety of buildings including but not limited to; barracks, child care facilities, hospitals, medical clinics, laboratories, family housing, maintenance facilities, special test facilities, etc.
- Civil works design include such projects as earth, rockfill and concrete dams, reservoirs, channels, levees, harbor protection structures, and water control and conveyance facilities.
- As a recognized senior technical specialist in mechanical design, the incumbent focuses on specific mechanical features, such as heating, ventilation, cooling, plumbing, fuel systems.
- Other specific mechanical features include; specialized mechanical equipment, pumping stations, safety services, and communications systems.
Occasional travel - Overnight business travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606335300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.