This position is located in the Division of Complex Institution Supervision & Resolution (CISR), Risk Assessment Branch of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in the areas of planning and directing the supervisory efforts of one of the nation's largest and most complex financial institutions.
The incumbent will perform the duties of the position from their current permanent duty location.Learn more about this agency
- Participates or leads on examinations of LCFI’s IT/Cyber functions, including assessing the risk and recommending measures for strengthening and improving the condition of the institution, as appropriate.
- Responsible for planning and directing supervisory efforts with other agencies at the LCFIs while serving as the point of contact for CISR’s regulatory oversight of activities on assignments.
- Provides expert technical advice to colleagues and other appropriate personnel, and prepares reports, such as updates to supervisory statements, research papers on emerging IT/Cyber technologies; updates to examination procedures and related training materials; and manages and/or provides expertise on subject areas on Division projects.
- Independently evaluates financial institution’s information security and cybersecurity programs and conducts examination, visitation, and/or investigation activities including but not limited to emerging technologies, and/or security incidents.
- Directs and conducts ongoing analysis and evaluation of LCFIs risk profile and prepares reports and other required correspondence as needed to affect FDIC supervisory responsibilities.
- Prepares memoranda, reports, and analyses for senior leadership, internally and externally, relating to offsite monitoring programs, or examination follow‐up including remediation actions associated with regulatory recommendations.
- Serves as an expert and consultant to senior management of FDIC and LCFIs and effectively communicates with these management officials to resolve questions, complaints, and inquires. Initiates and maintains cooperative and collaborative relationships with other Federal and State Agencies.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606300500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.