This position is in the Data Management Center (DMC), Administrative Branch, Operations Directorate, Selective Service System as an independent agency which serves the emergency manpower needs of the Military by conscripting untrained manpower, or personnel with professional health care skills.Learn more about this agency
The Data Management Center processes the registration materials sent in by men who register.
As a Supervisory Administrative Officer at the GS-341-11/12, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Plans, develops, and executes the Data Management System Administrative Management Program. Oversees a program that consists of a variety of functions that includes incoming/outgoing correspondence, records management, publications/forms management, administrative standard operating procedures, administrative internal controls, and organizational files management. Assures that internal systems and procedures for carrying out the organization's administrative functions meet the requirements of balancing costs, benefits, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Conducts studies, surveys, and interviews to gather information necessary to formulate policies, procedures, and strategies for the organization. Explores solutions to problems and recommends action based on the results of studies, surveys, and individual interviews which impact the administrative operations of the entire organization.
- Establishes internal procedures to secure adequate control in terms of deadlines, progress reports, physical security guidelines, and directives and uses own initiative in developing procedures which will increase the general flow of information and overcome bottlenecks in the administrative process.
- Analyzes and reviews documentation procedures and controls, files, directives, forms, records control and disposal procedures and office automation and performs equivalent management information studies of limited scope and impact to the organization.
- Provides administrative oversight on the the automated Time and Attendance Systems. Analyzes daily Time and Leave System variances/rejects; notes discrepancies and coordinates with supervisors/action officers for correction.
- Performs a variety of budgetary functions, which includes development of the annual DMC budget estimates and related supporting documentation. Analyzes estimates to identify imbalances and ensure reconciliation as well as to assure consistency, accuracy and adherence to SSS requirements.
- Performs a variety of purchasing and contracting functions to include review and certification of payment of all DMC accounts, and preparation of purchase orders for small purchases. Identifies and contacts potential vendors and ensures all applicable regulatory and procedural requirements are followed.
- Performs accounting functions in the DMC to include review, certification, and preparation of reports for travel vouchers and other claims for payment of goods and services. Performs monthly reconciliation of the DMC financial plan, including preparation of a variety of reports and quarterly statements of expenses as well as special analyses and reports.
- Performs logistics and office services functions for the DMC to include management of space and office supplies; maintenance of equipment, and custodial requirements; transportation arrangements and maintenance of GSA vehicles; and property management.
- Serves as action officer between the Civilian Personnel Office and the organization pertaining to all aspects of personnel management, reorganization/realignment, organization structuring, position management, and manpower utilization.Provides advice and assistance to management in such areas as; recruitment initiatives to replace loss of skilled employees, recruitment and hire lag problems, mission or workload expansion, change or decrease, merit promotion requirements/procedures, requirements and procedures to determine employee placements and to effect a variety of placement actions such as reassignments, reduction-in-force, realignments, non-competitive promotions, and details. Assists management in preparing position descriptions. Monitors, coordinates and tracks all on-going and projected personnel actions and continuously apprises management of status. Maintains files and documents on all personnel actions, and coordinates actions with appropriate staff or supervisor.
- Serves as the action officer between the DMC and SSS HRO with respect to all aspects of personnel management, reorganization and organizational structure, position management and manpower utilization. Participates in important administrative management planning and policy development affecting the DMC. Serves as principal advisor for DMC in matters of personnel management/requirements, position management and manpower utilization, processes and procedures of performance management systems, incentive awards, training and other aspects of administrative management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606273800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.