The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars is seeking a Program Assistant (Communications) for the Africa Program. To learn more about us, refer to this link: https://www.wilsoncenter.org
To furnish you with The Africa Program’s unique mission and its four programmatic pillars please refer to: https://www.wilsoncenter.org/program/africa-program.
Note - THIS IS NOT A FEDERAL POSITIONLearn more about this agency
- Drafting web content covering Africa Program events and activities, and updating the Africa Program section of the Wilson Center website to ensure that it remains current.
- Copyediting, formatting, and publishing documents such as research papers, policy briefs, reports using Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro and After Effects.
- Soliciting content for and maintaining the Program blog Africa Up Close, including copyediting, formatting, and posting blogs.
- Serving as the point of contact for Africa Program publications, including liaising with authors and maintaining timelines.
- Serving as the social media point of contact including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn and, under supervision, developing social media plans and editorial calendars.
- Conducting web, Google, and social media analytics for reporting purposes and, under supervision, drafting communications sections of grant reports.
- Under supervision, designing digital content including photo books, banners, brochures, signage, logos, flyers, event invitations, newsletters, press releases, and media announcements.
- Providing communications support for the Program’s events, workshops, conferences, seminars, and meetings, including live-tweeting, photography, and sending emails to the Africa Program mailing list.
- Coordinating with External Relations team to field media requests and coordinate interviews between reporters and Africa Program staff, scholars, and the Director.
- Liaising with design and printing companies on work to be printed.
- Maintaining and updating the Program’s communications database.
- Tracking and monitoring key Africa-related news and activities.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
07 - This is a Temporary Position - Not to exceed 09/30/2022. Extension or conversion to indefinite is not automatic or guaranteed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606234100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.