Defense Human Resource Agency's mission is to provide program support, information management, and administrative services to the DoD Components on human resource matters and to collect, archive, and provide management information, research, and analysis of human resources and other related functional area databases for the DoD.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory IT Specialist (PLCYPLN) at the GS-2210-15 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Support Enterprise Services Director's additional duty of CISO to carry out the DHRA CIO's responsibilities under Title 44 U.S. Code Subchapter II for Information Security, DoD Instruction 8500.01 "Cybersecurity," DoD Instruction 8510.01 "Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT)" and is the Defense Human Resources Activity deputy cybersecurity advisor and establishes the direction of DHRA cybersecurity policies and strategies, to include management practices and budget priorities, and for overseeing implementation across the entire DHRA enterprise.
- Institute processes for planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting remedial action to address any cybersecurity deficiencies in policies, procedures, and practices; procedures for detecting, reporting, and responding to cybersecurity incidents, which shall be consistent with the standards and guidelines in DoD cybersecurity policies.
- Responsible for oversight and guidance of staff that plan, develop, and implement the DMDC (DHRA) Information Assurance Program from requirement identification through operational sustainment and certification/accreditation. Advises Senior Executives and Directors throughout DHRA and other agencies regarding Information Assurance and Cyber Security policy. Assists DMDC (DHRA) in establishing corporate standards and financial parameters for the mission. Finds and implements ways to eliminate or reduce significant bottlenecks and barriers to production, promote team building, or improve business practices.
- Responsible for oversight and guidance of staff that plan, develop, and implement DMDC Enterprise Architecture policy, plans, and procedures. Plans, establishes, and aligns enterprise and strategic initiatives (action plans) of the organization to those of the customer.
- Responsible for oversight and guidance of staff that plan, develop, and implement DMDC IT Privacy and FOIA policy. As part of the IT Service Delivery construct, manages the development and implementation of the privacy and FOIA structure and processes to enable the leadership to make unbiased IT investment decisions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606215300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.