NIST works with industry and science to advance innovation and improve quality of life. We’re looking for an Information Technology Specialist (Security) to join our team!
This notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which NIST has a severe shortage of candidates.Learn more about this agency
Working as an IT Specialist (Security) in the Office of Information Systems Management (OISM) Privacy Office for the National Institute of Standards and Technology. You will work on enhancing NIST IT security and privacy posture through facilitating and conducting privacy assessments for new and existing NIST IT systems or components, Activities include:
- Drafting/complete, as necessary, required privacy documentation (e.g., Privacy Threshold Analysis, Privacy Impact Assessment, Privacy Assessment Plan, recertification documentation, etc.);
- Using automated risk management tools to conduct assessments;
- Aligning assessments with security control assessment schedule;
- Facilitating review and approval by stakeholders including the Commerce Review Board; and
- Enhancing existing privacy and related processes using an analytical and/or critical thinking skillset, coordinating with other stakeholders and business units to maximize efficiency while minimizing privacy risks.
- Coordinating and compile FISMA privacy metrics.
- Identifying and document privacy requirements in existing and new NIST directives or guidance documents;
- Reviewing data use requests to ensure consistent application of directives;
- Contributing to privacy discussions with privacy workforce (e.g., Privacy Liaisons, Privacy Strategy Committee, and other stakeholders); and
- Developing awareness and training materials, and subsequent position requirements for the workforce (e.g., identification of privacy position performance metrics, implementation of privacy workforce codes, etc.).
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for job related training and or conferences
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606163000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.