The IT Specialist to support the operation and development of mission critical administrative and technology systems located at the DMC and Region I Headquarters. The focus of this position is on the day-to-day operations and support of the Information Technology Architecture. This position serves as the Systems Administrator and on-site expert for Windows servers, operating systems, server processes, desktop computers and specialized systems supporting DMC operations.Learn more about this agency
As an IT Specialist (System Administrator/Customer Support) at the GS-2210-12, some of your typical work assignments may include under supervision: Serves as the Systems Administrator and on-site expert for Windows servers, operating systems, server processes, desktop computers and specialized systems supporting DMC operations.
- Must possess or obtain Security+ or A+ certification within 6 months of employment.
- Installs and maintains approved software and hardware and file and print services.
- Coordinates with SSS Headquarters to create, monitor and delete network and email user profiles, and monitors and optimizes systems resources utilization. Installs and maintains LAN communications equipment and cabling systems.
- Performs moves, additions, and changes of workstations and devices as required.
- Provides advice and assistance to end-users in the development and use of computer applications, and troubleshoots computer hardware and software related problems for users.
- Servers as a principal administrator on various systems including Voice over IP phone systems, File Transfer Processes (SFTP) and Content Management Systems (Microsoft and non-Microsoft).
- Plans, coordinates, and provides training to end-users on new, changed, or current operating systems, hardware, software, and the application of information assurance and security policies and guidelines.
- Develops documentation to support end-user training. Monitors and supports the IT Directorate ensuring the full and incremental backups of the shared network drives and servers for the DMC and Region 1 are performing nominally.
- Performs file restoration when necessary.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606149800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.