This position serves as a Supervisory Information Technology Program Manager and Planner for the DMC Operations, and is the focal point for DMC business requirements, registrant data, and planning, meet periodically with the DMC Director to discuss work projects, priorities, objectives, and projections. Develops general division priorities and work schedules to achieve established objectives and prepares periodic work status reports.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory IT Program Manager at the GS-2210-14, some of your typical work assignments may include under supervision of the DMC Director:
- Must possess or obtain a Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) within 1 year of employment. Serves as the liaison for HQs IT projects and initiatives. Acts as the primary staff expert for the coordination and integration of new technology and/or implementation of automation/telecommunications needs or equipment.
- Supervise a staff of skilled professionals who are knowledgeable in all areas of Application Support, System Analysis and Design, and Applications Software for IT Information Management, process improvements and Project Management.
- Performs analysis to determine feasibility studies and to determine optimal approaches for the application of commercial off-the-shelf (CoTs) or Government off-the-shelf (GoTs) products for the purpose of technical data automation.
- Reviews and maintains acquisition planning life cycle, continuity documents, Project Plans, to ensure the needs of DMC functional community are met by the planned IT solution.
- Participates in pre and post implementation reviews and in capital planning and investment control activities.
- Responsible for maintaining, modifying, and monitoring the Registration system, the Registration Maintenance system, the Compliance system, and various data links.
- Primary point of contact and agency authority for the database design and automation of the Registration and Maintenance processing for the Health Care Delivery System.
- Receives and analyzes new information management requirements, develops new information system techniques, establishes criteria, and makes recommendations when procedures/guidelines do not exist for automation/telecommunication resources.
- Implements SSS National HQs policies, guidelines, standards, architecture, and Cyber Security program.
- Prepares, submits, and defends requirements for necessary manpower and budget consistent with DMC Director and SSS CIO programs, objectives and goals.
- Responsible for facilitating alignment between DMC operations and Information Technology.
- Responsible for assisting and facilitating the needs of the data enterprise to include identifying new requirements from external agencies, coordinating with data architects, DBAs, and Systems Analysts.
- Assists in defining the current and future state of registrant data and integrate requirements with overall enterprise architecture roadmap.
- Applies methods and approaches for collecting and sharing information with IT assets; methods, practices, concepts and principles, project management principles, data management principles, including data architecture.
- Ensures business and information integration is achieved in support of the DMC Operation and by leading the planning, validation and review of concepts, initiatives and data management requirements and designs.
- Frequently represent DMC data metrics in working groups requiring data management experience.
- Develops and manages reference models of the RCV data architecture.
- Analyzes and defines functional data requirements and specifications.
- Analyzes and plans for anticipated changes in data management requirements.
- Assist with the development and administration of data standards, policies, and procedures and provides expertise on data management systems.
- Advises HQs and Region staff on SSS registrant data.
- Develops risk mitigation and contingency plans for all DMC programs requirement requirements management support.
- Coordinate these activities with HQs IT personnel at the CIO direction.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606143600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.