The position located in the Regional Office within the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS). FWS is a Bureau within the U.S. Department of the Interior responsible for national leadership in scientific and management practices of the Nation's fish, wildlife, plants, and their habitats. The incumbent serves as the staff lead for regional leadership training; actively participates in curriculum development; delivers leadership training and all other aspects of advanced leadership courses.Learn more about this agency
The Training Specialist (Leadership Development and Employee Engagement Manager) salary will be based upon duty station and locality pay once selected. Locality tables may be found at: 2021 Federal Pay Tables
A total of two (2) vacancies will be filled, one in Interior Region 1 in the following location: Hadley, Massachusetts; Shepherdstown, West Virginia; or Laurel, Maryland. Another position will be filled in Interior Region 3 in the following location: Bloomington, Minnesota; Bloomington, Indiana; Chicago, Illinois; Detroit, Michigan; or East Lansing, Michigan.
Duty station location is at the discretion of the hiring official. Additional questions regarding placement should be reserved for the interview process.
Please Note: If selected you may be placed at a regional office, field office, current duty station or a current remote duty station at the discretion of management. Additional questions regarding placement should be reserved for the interview process.
As a Training Specialist (Leadership Development and Employee Engagement Manager) your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Stays current on leadership theories, frameworks, and practices taught in leadership training, such as adaptive leadership, vertical development, transformational leadership, servant leadership, emotional intelligence, immunity to change, change management, etc., and updates and incorporates into new and existing leadership training.
- Ensures that FWS programs and curricula are accurately focused and meet identified objectives in support of Departmental and FWS direction, policies, and regulations.
- Collaborate with the National Conservation Training Center and other regional and national leadership development staff to ensure Service-wide alignment in leadership and supervisor training needs and delivery.
- Evaluates the region's needs for leadership development training; organizes and leads teams of employees to develop training and other programs and initiatives for leadership development, employee engagement, and workplace inclusion for the benefit of all employees.
- Serves as the regional coordinator for a comprehensive employee engagement program to increase employee and team productivity and build an inclusive, diverse, and welcoming workplace culture.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606141400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.