The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Animal Shelter and Adoption Center.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Program Manager. Receives instructions regarding specific animal control complaints from MP Desk Sergeant or Public Works POC.
- Picks up loose, stray or disabled domestic animals causing alarm or representing a threat to the safety of personnel. Attempts to identify and notify owners from Clinic records.
- Transports captured animals involved in bite incidents and those suspected to be rabid to the Post Veterinary Clinic for observation and disposition.
- Completes Animal Control/Disposition Report for every animal captured and furnishes copies to Post Veterinary office, Department of Public Works and/or Provost Marshall Office.
- Cleans animal cages, runs and kennel rooms on a daily basis or as directed. Disinfects cage or run after discharge of animal or release of confined animals.
- Feeds and provides fresh water for all confined animals daily and/or as directed; protects animals from extreme weather conditions
- Takes certain precautions and uses special skills in handling vicious animals to avoid injury to self or other personnel; provides security and takes precautions at all times to prevent animals from escaping.
25% or less - Minimal travel may be required local to the installation.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606086700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.