This position is located in the HUD OIG, Office of Operations and External Affairs. The Strategic Communications & Outreach Program Manager builds and fosters relationships with key stakeholders across traditional and online media channels; establishes and implements external strategic communications plans; and develops, writes and approves messaging for press releases and pitches, talking points, social media accounts, speeches, and media statements.Learn more about this agency
As the Office of Inspector General (OIG) for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), we remain an independent and objective organization, conducting and supervising audits, evaluations, and investigations relating to the Department's programs and operations. We promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in these programs and operations as we also strive to prevent and detect fraud, abuse, and mismanagement. We are committed to keeping the HUD Secretary, Congress, and our stakeholders fully and currently informed about challenges and deficiencies and the necessity for and progress of corrective actions. We invite you to join HUD OIG, where we are guided by five shared core values of accountability, courage, respect, stewardship, and trust. These core values serve as the framework for all of our work.
As a Public Affairs Specialist, you will:
- Perform as spokesperson and coordinates media inquiries, official responses and represents HUD OIG to the Department’s Office of Public Affairs.
- Prepare speeches, talking points, talk tracks and varied communications materials assisting senior leadership in their interaction with the department, local housing authorities, media entities, the general public, and the Congress.
- Provide strategic media relations plans and direct management and outreach to all media platforms on behalf of HUD OIG.
- Monitor the development of materials and guidance to support various program offices, regional offices, and headquarters to conduct media relations campaigns.
- Serve as the resource point in the OIG for resolution of difficult communication strategies and issues concerning effective implementation of program efforts and outreach related to the operations of HUD program areas nationwide.
It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 250th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 07/16/2021; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.
25% or less - 1-5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606029300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.