What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
The government-wide direct hire authority for Biologist/Chemist, GS-0401/1320, is being used to fill this position.
Salary: $92,143 (Step 01) to $119,787 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This is an interdisciplinary position that may be filled by either Biologist or Chemist.
As a Supervisory Interdisciplinary Biologist/Chemist within the Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center (UMESC), some of your specific duties will include:
- Implements the Regulatory Affairs activity and serves as the authoritative Bureau expert on study design and data requirements and interpretation to gain regulatory approval for biological, chemical, or genomic/molecular control agents of invasive or nuisance species through federal (U.S. and Canada), state, and local pesticide regulatory programs.
- Reviews and assesses regulatory guidelines to determine data and information requirements and prioritizes regulatory data inadequacies which must be addressed to support new or maintain current biopesticide or pesticide registrations to control aquatic invasive species.
- Implements a Quality Assurance Program in compliance with Federal Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations for those studies which may be submitted in support of the approval for a veterinary medicine product or the registration of a biopesticide or pesticide.
- Conducts analyses to evaluate the effectiveness and compliance of Quality Management System (QMS) at UMESC, provides information, and negotiates effective solutions.
- Supervises, coordinates, and plans the work of staff; provides advice, counsel, or instruction; interviews candidates for positions; enhances career development of staff; and finds ways to improve production and increase the quality of the work.
- Operates a government motor vehicle as an incidental driver.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for an average of less than 5 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605914400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.